Rangkuman ini disiapkan oleh Kementrian Pendidikan Pakistan untuk warganya yang akan mengambil beasiswa KNB Kementrian Pendidikan Indonesia, pada tahun 2011. Sepertinya tidak mengalami banyak perubahan, kecuali jumlah uang saku dan batas jumlah mahasiswa S1 yang ditingkatkan.
Indonesian Government scholarships for Masters Degree Program, 2011
Indonesian Government has offered scholarships, under its scheme Beasiswa Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB) or Developing Countries Partnership (DCP), for pursuing Master studies in various universities of Indonesia for the Academic Session 2011-12. The details are as under:
The scholarship aims:
- To promote deeper cultural understanding among developing countries.
- To strengthen the relationship and mutual cooperation among developing countries
- To contribute to the development of human resource quality
- I. The maximum of age is 35 years.
- II. Has a completed four (4) years Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
- III. Has a TOEFL score of 450 or equivalent
- IV. Completes and submits the application form and must be nominated by the respective government.
- V. If successful, while studying in Indonesia:
- Will comply with the Indonesian Government and host university regulations
- Will not work or join any political activity
- Agrees not to change the place of study and study program selected
- Sign the statement letter prior to departure
- Will write the Master’s Thesis in Indonesian Language.
STUDY PROGRAMS OFFERED:
The scholarship is offered to postgraduate students (Master Degree) to study at one of the universities in Indonesia for 3 years, consisting of one year of the Indonesian Language and Preparatory Programs and 2 years of Master Program with the arrangement below.
All lectures and thesis writing will be in the Indonesian language.
- Fields of study (be advised that not every university offers the following fields of study)
- Literary studies
- Cultural Studies
- Remote sensing
- Environmental Sciences
- Public Health
- Sports Sciences
- Medical Studies
- Pharmacy Studies
- Agricultural Sciences
- Agricultural Economics
- Soil Science
- Plant Pathology
- Animal Science
- Veterinary Science
- Agricultural Engineering
- Food Science & Technology
- Estate Crop Product Technology
- Marine Science
- Social Science
- Public Administration
- Political Science
- Economic Development Study
- International Relations
- Communication and Media Studies
- Community Empowerment Studies
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- Electrical Engineering and Informatics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Geological Engineering
- Naval Architect Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Informatics Engineering
- Education Management
- Education Research and Evaluation
- Social Science Education
- Natural Science Education
- Mathematics Education
- Vocational and Technology Education
- Out of School/Informal Education
- Applied Linguistics
- History Education
- Instructional Education
- Indonesian Education
- Sports Education
- Educational Science
- Primary School Teacher Education
- Multi-disclipinary Studies
- Performing Arts and Arts Studies
- Comparative Religious Studies
- Tourism Studies
- Bio Technology
- Period of Study :
- Indonesian Language : 8 Months
- Master Preparatory Programs : 4 Months
- Master Programs : 24 Months (4 Semester)
- Research in the framework of the graduate program should be carried out in Indonesia.
- Should the research be carried in the respective home country, all the cost will be borne by the respective student.
Period of Study:
- Indonesian Language : 8 months
- Master Preparatory Programs : 4 months
- Master Programs : 24 months (4 semesters)
- Research in the framework of the graduate program should be carried out in Indonesia.
- Should the research be carried in the student’s home country, all the cost will be borne by the respective students.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Fill ONLINE Scholarship Application form from http://www.knb.diknas.go.id/daftar.php After filling take out its print (by clicking Print Detail Ini)and attach the required documents mentioned below:
- Attested photocopies of all the academic certificates / degrees/ transcripts.
- A TOEFL score certificate obtained within the last 12 months.
- A health certificate from a recognized / authorized medical doctor.
- A photocopy of Passport or National Identity Card.
- Fill HEC Application form and attach the copies of the same documents mentioned above. (Click here to download)
- Attach proof of payment with HEC application form only. All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd. A separate bank Account No. 17427900133401 is being maintained for the purpose. A Proforma for depositing funds is available at the following URL www.hec.gov.pk/payment Deposit an amount of Rs. 300/- (non-refundable), in favor of HEC, as described here. Attach portion of payment receipt (in original) along with application form, without which your application form will NOT be accepted / processed.
- Do not attach both HEC and Indonesian Scholarship forms with each other. Keep them separate.
- The documents should be properly attached with the application forms and must be in tidy form.
- Send the application package to the address mentioned below before 15th April, 2011:
Asif Kaleem Malik
Project Manager (FFSP/Indonesia)
Higher Education Commission
IMPORTANT NOTE: HEC is only facilitating in the processing of this scholarship scheme. Therefore, HEC has no financial liability in this regard.
OTHER RELATED INFORMATION:
- Financial assistance
- Settlement Allowance will be given upon arrival in Indonesia
- While taking the Indonesian language course and preparatory programs, a student will receive Rp. 1.500.000,-/month (cost of living only).
- During their Master Programs in Indonesia, the students will get :
- Cost of Living (net, monthly) = Rp. 1.500.000,-
- Research Allowance (monthly) = Rp. 400.000,-
(to be given at the beginning of the third semester)
- Books (net, monthly) = Rp. 350.000,-
- The scholarship will be provided by the Government of the Republic of Indonesia for 36 months.
- A round-trip international airfare (economic class) from the international airport of the students’ home countries to Indonesia, including local transport to the host university.
- Health insurance
- The student is subjected to a health insurance.
- Health insurances shall covered selected medical services with maximum of Rp. 150.000,- (One Hundred and fifty Thousand Rupiah) monthly premi.
- In case of the cost of medical services exceeded to those covered by the health insurance, the difference should be borne by student.
- The scholarship will be given for a maximum of 36 months with the following schedule.
- The selection result will be announced by the end of June 2011.
- The selected students should arrive in Jakarta by Mid September, 2011.
- Orientation and Indonesian Language course will start in mid September, 2011.
- Short-Visit Visa (VITAS)
- Arrival in Indonesia
Visa used for joining this program is Short-Visit VISA (VITAS) that can be obtained through the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in the candidate’s home country. Upon arrival in Indonesia, this visa should be conversed to get the Stay-Permit (ITAS) for 1 (one) year through the Local Immigration Office where the candidate will study.
The candidate (thence, student) must report to the Local Immigration Office within 7 days upon the time of arrival to directly get the Stay-Permit (ITAS)
An alternative visa used for joining this program is a Social Visit Visa (VKSB) that can be obtained through the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia where the student lives. Upon the student’s arrival in Indonesia, this visa should be conversed to get the Stay-Permit (ITAS) for 1 (one) year through the facility of the State Secretariat and the local Immigration Office.
To get the Stay-Permit (ITAS), students must attach necessary documents such as: a copy of passport (including the visa used) and the letter of acceptance from the university where the students will study, which will be sent to the Bureau of Planning and International Cooperation, the Ministry of National Education. Then, it will be passed on to the State Secretariat, the Directorate general Immigration Office and Local Immigration Office for processing.
While studying in Indonesia, students or DCP scholarship holders may go overseas as long as they have obtained an Exit Re-Entry Permit (ERP) or Exit Permit Only (EPO) stamped on their passport by the Local Immigration Office. The participants are prohibited to use the Tourist Visa to study in Indonesia, since it will cause a problem in processing the Stay-Permit.
The students are expected to have a valid passport for a minimum of 2 (two) years.
The Indonesian Government (c.q. Ministry of Foreign Affairs ) will issue a stay permit to stay for one year and to be extended for the following year until the study is completed.
· On Arrival
ü After obtaining VITAS or VKSB from the Indonesian Embassy/Consulate in their country of residence, the students are urged to depart for Indonesia as soon as possible
ü Students are required to inform the Bureau for Planning and International Cooperation, Ministry of National Education, Jakarta regarding their schedule of arrival in Indonesia. This is to enable this Bureau to make all necessary arrangements in meeting all students at the Soekarno-Hatta International Airport.
ü Students are strongly advised not to be accompanied by any family member. The monthly stipend provided is only appropriate for one person.
- Return home after finishing study
Students who have accomplished their study should contact the Director of the Graduated Program at the University where they belong and will receive an International airfare (from Jakarta to their home countries) from the Indonesian government.
ü Excess Baggage
The Indonesian government does not provide any money for excess baggage and book ransportations.
ü Temporary return
When the students return home to visit their family or take data abroad, the students should be allowed to go on a leave. However, during their leave, they will not receive monthly allowance. In this connection, the students are required :
- To have a recommendation from the head of study program at the university where they belong.
- To have a round-trip international airfare.
ü Study drop-out
In case students return home due to some reasons or because their study cannot be completed, the following points should be carried out:
- Students should inform the Director of Graduated Program at the University where they belong.
- They should inform the Indonesian Government through the Department of Foreign Affairs.
- They write a letter to explain the problems to respective students’ countries.
- They must be responsible for the cost of the International airfare.
The University has authority to send the student back to their own countries, if the student did not obey the rule of the University.
- 6. OTHERS MATTERS
ü Prohibition of working or joining political activities
According to Indonesian government regulations, every foreign student is forbidden to work or join political activities.
· The Bureau for Planning and International Cooperation and the University/College will not provide any lodging or board to students. They have to look for their board and lodging themselves.
· The Bureau, however, will assist students in looking for a suitable boarding house /accommodation.
· The students may rent a house/room in accordance with their preference and financial capacity.
The Indonesian government does not provide any costs other than the scholarship. Any other costs for personal reasons or vacations will be the responsibility of the students.
ü Dressing Decency
Students are advised to wear decent/appropriate clothes when visiting a government office.